Anna Pond Consulting, Brooklyn,
Principal, June 2000-Present
- Provide strategic planning, program development/management,
and research/policy analysis for nonprofits, academic institutions,
and philanthropic organizations.
- Work with a diverse group of clients, including The California
Endowment, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Diversity in
Philanthropy Project/D5 Initiative, Women's Leadership Circles,
Leadership Learning Community, Naugatuck Valley Community College,
Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, and Hostos
The California Endowment, Woodland Hills, California
Coordinator, Program Planning and Implementation, June 1998- July
Program Officer, August 1997-June 1998, Program Associate, September
- Managed multiple elements of implementation of this health-focused
philanthropic organization’s five-year, $600+ million
programmatic strategic plan.
- Responsibilities included: program research, design and staging
of rollout; program portfolio analysis; preparation of program
recommendations for presentation to the Board of Directors;
and development of internal processes for grant application
review and approval.
- Positions involved extensive interaction with the Board,
senior management, staff across departments and the public.
Development Management Associates, Fountain Valley,
Senior Director, October 1995-September 1996
- Provided fund planning/fundraising consultation and client
management to a variety of nonprofits.
- Activities included: management of a $6 million capital campaign
for a community resource center serving school-age special needs
children; auditing/development of a $1.9 million three- year
fundraising strategy for a community-based health clinic; grantwriting
to assist a local art museum to achieve its $4 million capital
and endowment goals.
- Position involved extensive analytic writing, strategic planning
and ability to interact with staff members, board members, foundation/corporate
representatives, individual donors and volunteers.
Central American Resource Center (Carecen) Los Angeles,
Development Director, July 1994-October 1995
- Directed fundraising activities for the $1.2 million annual
fund of this multi-service and advocacy community-based organization
serving Central Americans and other Latinos.
- Oversaw prospect research and development, relationship building
with donors (individual, corporate, private foundation), donor
solicitations, grants management and reporting.
- Designed a multi-year financial resource development diversification
strategy in coordination with the organization’s strategic
- Held leadership position in the organization’s policy-making
and program management committee.
- Position involved participation in multicultural debate on
key social, economic and political issues affecting newly arrived
|Eureka Communities, Washington D.C.
Development Associate, August 1993-July 1994
Intern, April-August 1993
- Coordinated grantwriting program for this national nonprofit
leadership development organization for executive directors
of community-based organizations serving children, youth
- Performed foundation/corporate grant research and developed
- Responsible for grants maintenance, including compiling narrative
and financial analysis for proposals and reports.
Cambodian Mission for Peace, Providence,
Rhode Island / Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Research Assistant, August 1992-March 1993
- Coordinated research activities in Phnom Penh, Cambodia during
August 1992 to assess the need for and the feasibility of the
Cambodian Volunteers for Community Development (CVCD) Project.
- Participated in meetings with Cambodian governmental officials,
members of non-governmental organizations, and students to discuss
and evaluate logistical details of the proposed project.
- Project developed into a non-governmental, youth volunteer-driven
organization, which currently provides a broad variety of human
and social services.
Anna-Nanine S. Pond